Tips for a healthier lifestyle.
- Make sure to be well hydrated. Drink between 1.5-3 liters of water a day.
- Avoid consuming desserts and excess sugars.
- Keep away from industrialized, flavored and pop drinks, even if they are Sugar-Free. Replace them with water, aromatic herbs or natural fruit infusions.
- Try eating around 5 portions of fruits and vegetables a day. Of course, don’t use industrialized vinaigrettes for the veggies.
- Incorporate into your regular diet some dried fruit such as almonds, hazelnuts, nuts, pistachios or sugarless peanuts. These bring an important dose of healthy fats into your diet.
- Read carefully the nutritional values label; not only the calories, but sugar proportions and other synthetic ingredients as well. Avoid eating anything with artificial colors and flavors or preservatives.
- Try reducing the consumption of dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt), and introduce instead sugarless plant based foods (plant based milk – Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Soy Milk, etc.).
- Attempt to balance the PH of your meals. If you’re eating something with an acidic origin, accompany it with something more alkaline. This way, you’ll be able to balance each plate.
- Try to always eat at the same time.
- Don’t alter the size and quantity of the recommended portions.
- If you have a sweet tooth or feel like sweetening your drinks, natural products such as Stevia (without any calories), pure honey, organic sugar cane cubes or agave nectar/honey (all with calories) are preferable.
- Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week, with a moderate intensity during a period of 45 minutes remembering to add some strength exercises to the routine.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks and cigarettes.
*Article – courtesy of Juanita Vargas, Clean Diet.